While the online world allows you to reach a broader customer base, it also presents the potential for scams and security risks. That’s why it’s vital to know these ways to improve cybersecurity for your business. A breach could cause your business to lose money, information, and, most importantly, customer relationships. At Calling A Lawyer, you can feel safe using the latest technology and end-to-end encryption, you can access our highly secure platforms, from the comfort of your own home.
Even so, here are some things you can do to increase cybersecurity:
- Keep your devices updates: ensure that you are getting the newest protection against threats.
- Limit access and set appropriate access levels: no one outside of your employees should have more than the information needed to access your accounts in order to do their jobs.
- Screen your employees and providers.
- Backup your file on a regular basis: File backups, data backups, and backup bandwidth capabilities will help your business retain information should it go missing.
- Secure your office Wi-Fi and don’t use public Wi-Fi networks.
- Cover the basics: Use Anti-Virus Protection & Firewall and, know what your vulnerabilities are.
- Train your staff and clients to spot threats: Learn about Phishing Scams, be very suspicious of emails, phone calls, and flyers. These can attempt to steal your information.
- Have a recovery plan ready: treat these as a “when it happens” instead of a “if it happens” situation.
- Keep your infrastructure up to date and dispose of old hardware correctly: old hardware can contain information that can later be recovered or used to breach your systems.
- Use Strong Passwords, along with a Password Management Tool and Use Two-Factor or Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Protect Your Sensitive Personal Identifiable Information (PII)
- Review Your Online Accounts & Credit Reports Regularly for Changes