What are the top tools every lawyer should have to help them succeed in 2021? Since the start of the pandemic last year, challenges and changes have snowballed through every aspect of everyday life, including the legal field. Now, many lawyers have partially or completely moved to operating virtually. Last year, the 2020 Legal Trends Report found that remote work will stay relevant even after the pandemic ends, and 58% of consumers said that technology is more important now than pre-pandemic times. That being said, technology and tools have become a key factor to helping the legal field thrive, without the risk of losing employees and clients.
With that in mind, here are the best tools to help your business succeed amid the unprecedented times we live in.
- Online file storage platforms: Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive and iCloud keep all your files on a cloud storage, which are user friendly and easy to access and share with colleagues and clients.
- Document creating apps: Microsoft Office tools are essential to multiple fields around the world. Widely known and used by professionals and clients alike, they have the largest market share in the world, allowing you to create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Calendar and organization: Setmore offers an online appointment booking system to make it easy for your clients to book a meeting with you.
- Scanners: Tiny Scanner gives you quick and easy scanning at your fingertips; it uses your smartphone’s camera as a scanner, turning your paper documents into either pictures or PDFs.
- Digital notepads: Evernote, Google Drive and OneNote allow for both private and collaborative use.
- Research: use tools such as Westlaw, Fastcase, and CaseText to search and access thousands of legal texts, statutes, cases, and more.
- Virtual Meetings and calls: Zoom, Teams, Meet and Skype are very popular and user friendly.
- Billing and payments: There are a few that are tailored towards attorneys specifically. Tabs3 billing is one of those products. Clio Manage, for example, includes legal time and expense tracking and billing features.
All of the above: Calling A Lawyer makes it easier for you to access all these services and more! Calling A Lawyer offers case management services with end-to-end encrypted calls, time and billing, document and contact management, agreement repository, calendar, tasks, messaging, and complete security.
In conclusion, for an all-around experience and platform, Calling a Lawyer has you covered in all the areas your practice needs to thrive in 2021 and the future.